We get it. Dog moms and cat moms are nurturing, loving creatures that need to be appreciated regularly. Just as importantly, dog dads and cat dads deserve their moment in the spotlight! Pet dads do so much for their fur babies every single day. This one goes out to you, dads!
Listen up - if any of the following six signs resonate with you, you just might be a fur-riffic pet dad.
1. You justify skipping leg day by giving your dog an extra-long walk.
We all know you don’t need the gym when you have a dog. They are your workout buddy, and it’s a great excuse to spend more quality time together.
2. Who needs an app? You have sometimes used your dog in order to meet people.
There’s a small chance you might be biased, but your four-legged friend is the absolute cutest in the world. Why not use those powers of cuteness to break the ice with new people? Pets also happen to be excellent judges of character, so maybe your little companion can look out for their pet dad when it comes to meeting in person.
3. Your dog has their own “pet cave” within your man cave.
Let's get back to the cuteness factor. Your pet serves as entertainment for you, just sitting there and constantly looking adorable. Since you took the time to set up your perfect "me" space with the right furniture, lighting, and electronics, your precious baby should get a taste of paradise with fancy bowls and a comfy bed. They deserve it!
4. You enjoy giving your dog presents for special occasions more than you do getting them yourself.
Whether it’s a treat or new toy, it's that look of pure joy that the apple of your eye has when you give them a surprise. It makes you happier than any present you could ever get.
5. Your furry child has their own branded sports apparel for your favorite team — because it’s clearly their favorite team too, right?
They know the score. They may appear to not pay attention to the game at all, but they’re still watching from their cozy bed and rooting for your side. They love to see you win.
6. Every time you come home to your dog’s excited greeting, you remember what it was like to be a kid when your dad came home.
Those days may be long ago for you, but every time you come in the door and your dog jumps for joy and can’t contain themselves out of excitement, it’s like reliving your childhood again. It’s the same as when your cat greets you with a “mew” as if to say “hi”! Either way, it feels great to be missed.
Pet parenthood can be very rewarding, but it’s extra special for pet dads because of the long-lasting bond you have with your best bud. No matter what, they'll be there for you as your furry BFF. And, best of all, your trusty sidekick will never roll their eyes at your dad jokes.
Share this article